UT TLSAMP Center
301 Perkins Hall
Junior Development (Freshmen and Sophomores)
This program’s focus is to provide monthly seminars for freshman and sophomore students. The TLSAMP monthly seminars will enrich UT students on subjects of professionalism, student development, and career information.
SPRING SEMESTER 2017
- Meeting: Welcome Back Spring Meeting: Summer REU's and STEM Scholarships - Wednesday, January 18, 2017 located in Fred Brown 146 at 6:00 p.m.
- STEAM Leadership Retreat - Saturday, January 14, 2017 (Only Freshmen)
- Meeting: Stay on Target! Academic Resources - Monday, February 6, 2017 located in Fred Brown 146 at 6:00 p.m.
- TLSAMP Research Conference: February 23-24, 2017 located in Nashville, TN
- STEM Volunteering: Breakfast of Champions - March 3-4, 2017 (To signup, please email Mr. Travis Griffin (email@example.com)
- STEM Volunteering: Admission's Sneak Peek - March 4, 2017 (To signup, please email Mr. John Hoffschneider (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Meeting: Get LinkedIn! - Monday, March 6, 2017 located in Fred Brown 146 at 6:00 p.m.
- STEM Volunteering: Admission's JUMP - Saturday, March 25, 2017 (To signup, please email Mr. John Hoffschneider (email@example.com)
- 7th Annual TLSAMP Award's Banquet - Monday, April 3, 2017 located in Hollingsworth Auditorium (AG Campus) at 6:00 p.m.
- STEM Volunteering: B.O.S.S. Symposium - Saturday, April 8, 2017 (To signup, please email Mr. Craig Picket (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Recruit 3 TLSAMP STEM Participants (Friday, April 21, 2017)
- Attend UG Research Seminar (http://ugresearch.utk.edu/seminar-series/)
- Attend STEM Regional/National Conference (i.e. Great Minds in STEM (HENAAC) Conference, SACNAS Conference, Women of Color in STEM Conference, BEYA Conference, MANRRS Conference, AISES National Conference, NSBE National Conference, SHPE Regional Conference) by Friday, April 21, 2017
- Each participant must participate in 4 TLSAMP sponsored/affiliated activities
- Must attend 14th Annual TLSAMP Research Conference (February 23-24, 2017)
- Each participant must have a Fall UT Semester GPA of 3.0/4.0 or better
- Each participant must be classified as a freshmen or sophomore by university credit hours
- Each participant’s enrollment must be applicable (>59.9%) towards their STEM major
- Each participant must be a US citizen/Permanent Resident and a member of the following underrepresented minority group: African American, Hispanic, Native American, Alaskan Native, or Pacific Islander
- Each participant must be an undergraduate major in one of the following four year degree programs: Animal Science, Architecture, Chemistry, Engineering/Computer Science, Food Science & Technology, Geosciences, Biological/Life Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, or Physics (Detailed Approved Majors: https://www.lsamp.org/help/help_stem_cip_2010.cfm)
The UT TLSAMP stipends will be awarded on semester basis and computed on the UT Semester GPA. Fall stipends will be awarded at the beginning of the following Spring semester. Spring stipends will be awarded at the beginning of the following Fall semester. All the stipend awards will be credited to the individual’s UT account. No stipends are awarded over the summer. TLSAMP stipend award amounts are as follows:
- Semester GPA of 3.75-4.0 = $300.00
- Semester GPA of 3.25-3.74 = $200.00
- Semester GPA of 3.00-3.24 = $100.00
Research Scholar = $200 + your academic stipend
- Must be an Academic Scholar
- Participate in research AND present a poster at Regional/National Conference by April 21, 2017.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]