This program’s focus is to provide monthly seminars for sophomore students. The TLSAMP monthly seminars will enrich UT students on subjects of poster research presentation, publishing, student development, and career information.
Fall Semester 2017
- Meeting: Fall Vol Kickoff! – Monday, August 28, 2017 located in Fred Brown 146 at 6:00 p.m.
- Meeting: Research Experiences for Undergraduates and this benefits me how? – Monday, September 25, 2017 located in Fred Brown 146 at 6:00 p.m.
- STEM Conference: Vanderbilt Graduate School Fair – Saturday, September 26, 2017 located Vanderbilt University (To signup, please contact John Hoffschneider (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- STEM Volunteering: Ag Day – Saturday, September 30, 2017 (To signup, please contact MANNRS outreach representative).
- STEM Volunteering: B.O.S.S. for Educators – Saturday, October 7, 2017 (To signup, please email Mr. Thurma Mack (email@example.com)
- Meeting: Ph.D.? I’m already a Pretty Huge Deal – Myths, Assumptions and Alternative Facts of Graduate School – Monday, October 23, 2017 located in Fred Brown 146 at 6:00 p.m.
- STEM Volunteering: Engineer’s Day – Thursday, October 26, 2017 (To signup, please contact SHPE or NSBE outreach representative).
- STEM Conference: GEM GRAD LAB – Saturday, October 27-28, 2017 located University of Alabama
- Meeting: STEM Conferences – Where lab coats are not cosplay – Monday, November 27, 2017 located in Fred Brown 146 at 6:00 p.m.
- Recruit 3 TLSAMP STEM Participants (Thursday, November 30, 2017)
- Attend UG Research Seminar (http://ugresearch.utk.edu/seminar-series/)
- Attend STEM Regional/National Conference (i.e. Great Minds in STEM (HENAAC) Conference, SACNAS Conference, Women of Color in STEM Conference, BEYA Conference, MANRRS Conference, AISES National Conference, NSBE National Conference, SHPE Regional Conference) by Thursday, November 30, 2017
- Each participant must participate in 4 TLSAMP sponsored/affiliated activities
- Each participant must have a Fall UT Semester GPA of 3.0/4.0 or better
- Each participant must be classified as a freshmen or sophomore by university credit hours
- Each participant’s enrollment must be applicable (>59.9%) towards their STEM major
- Each participant must be a US citizen/Permanent Resident and a member of the following underrepresented minority group: African American, Hispanic, Native American, Alaskan Native, or Pacific Islander
- Each participant must be an undergraduate major in one of the following four year degree programs: Animal Science, Architecture, Chemistry, Engineering/Computer Science, Food Science & Technology, Geosciences, Biological/Life Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, or Physics (Detailed Approved Majors: https://www.lsamp.org/help/help_stem_cip_2010.cfm)
The UT TLSAMP stipends will be awarded on semester basis and computed on the UT Semester GPA. Fall stipends will be awarded at the beginning of the following Spring semester. Spring stipends will be awarded at the beginning of the following Fall semester. All the stipend awards will be credited to the individual’s UT account. No stipends are awarded over the summer. TLSAMP stipend award amounts are as follows:
- Semester GPA of 3.75-4.0 = $300.00
- Semester GPA of 3.25-3.74 = $200.00
- Semester GPA of 3.00-3.24 = $100.00
Research Scholar = $200 + your academic stipend
- Must be an Academic Scholar
- Participate in research AND present a poster at Regional/National Conference by November 30, 2017.